1. StellieTech Audience
This policy applies to all website visitors and customers who have signed up for our services ("you" and "your").
2. Purpose of this policy
We value your privacy and take the security of your personal data very seriously. The objective of this policy is to define how we collect, store, use, and protect personal information that can be used to identify a specific natural or juristic person ("personal information"). Information about yourself:
2.1 This includes
- Certain information collected on registration (see below); and
- optional information that you voluntarily provide to us (see below).
2.2 This Excludes
- information that has been anonymized in order to avoid identifying a specific person;
- information that has been permanently de-identified and can no longer be linked back to you;
- non-personal statistics data that we have collected and collated, as well as data that you have willingly submitted in an open, public setting or forum, such as a blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board. Because the information was shared in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not fall within this policy's definition of personal information.
3. Acceptance of terms
When you register for any of our services, you must agree to all of the conditions of this policy. You may not register for or use any of the services if you do not agree with anything in this policy. If you are under the age of 18 or lack the legal capacity to enter into legally binding contracts, you may not access or use our website or services. You are thought to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of the conditions of this policy by accepting it.
We reserve the right to modify the terms of this policy at any time. Any changes will be communicated to you by a prominent notice on the website or via email. You must discontinue using the services if you do not agree with the modification. If you continue to use the services after being notified of a change in the terms, you will be deemed to have accepted the new terms.
5.1 Upon registration
Once you register on our website, you will no longer be anonymous to us as you will provide us with personal information.
This personal information will include:
- Name, surname, company name, company registration number, VAT number
- Postal address, email address, telephone number, postal code
- Unique user ID, password
5.2 Collection on use
You will be asked to give us with additional information on a voluntary basis in order for us to offer the Services to you, such as ("Service information").
5.3 Optional details
On a voluntary basis, you may additionally give other information ("optional information"). This includes content or products that you choose to post or download from our website, as well as when you enter competitions, participate in promotions, complete surveys, register and subscribe to certain additional services, or otherwise utilize the website's optional features and functionality.
5.4 Collection from browser
We may transmit one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer when you visit our website in order to gather certain usage information. Session cookies (which vanish when you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which remain after you stop your browser and can be manually erased) are both used on our website and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits. Cookies collect information that we use to better the website.
5.6 Web beacons
We may use electronic image requests (also known as "single-pixel gif" or "web beacon" requests) to count page visits and access cookies on our website. A web beacon can be any electronic image that is viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner). No personal information is collected, gathered, monitored, or shared by our web beacons. We only use them to collect anonymous data about our website.
5.7 Purpose for collection
We may utilize any service information and optional information you supply for the purposes stated when you agreed to provide such optional information. We may utilize your usage data for the purposes outlined in Sections 5.4 and 5.5.
5.5 above and to:
- remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the website;
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
6. Consent to collection
We will obtain your consent to collect personal information:
- In accordance with applicable law; and
- At the time you provide us with any registration information and optional information.
7.1 Messages and updates
We may send you website-related administrative notifications and email updates. We may also send you solely promotional messages in some situations. You have the option of not receiving promotional texts.
- Our service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services). Our contracts dictate that these service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the Services to receive payments and you meet their criteria);
If you contact us regarding your experience with using any of our products, we may disclose your personal information as required of by law or governmental audit.
8.3 Law enforcement
We may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public;
- to prevent violation of our terms of service.
8.4 No selling
8.5 Marketing purposes
We may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
8.6 Change of ownership
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal information we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity.
We will disclose the transfer on the website. If you are concerned about your personal information migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal information.
We may need to disclose personal information to our employees that require the personal information to do their jobs.
9. Security of personal information
We protect your personal information using computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to protect personal information, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities.
10. Accurate and up to date
We will try to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes mentioned in clause 5.7. From time to time, we will request you to update your personal information on the website. You are able to review or update any personal information that we hold on you by accessing your account online or by emailing us or phoning us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal information, we do take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal information.
11. Retention of personal information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes mentioned in clause 5.7, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal information.
12. Transfers of personal information outside South Africa
We shall make every effort to keep the personal information we collect as accurate, complete, and current as is required for the purposes set forth in clause 5.7. We will ask you to update your personal information on the website from time to time. You can access your account online, email us, or call us to examine or amend any personal information we have on file for you. Please be aware that we take steps to authenticate your identity before providing you access to your account or making any changes to your personal information in order to better protect you and secure your personal information.
13. Updating or removing
You may choose to correct or update the personal information you have submitted to us, by clicking the menu in any of the pages on our website.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of any third-party websites.